Monday, August 08, 2011

Some possible names for 'Culture' starships that I came up with


General Contact Unit It was there when I got here

GCU Disappointed Optimist

GCU You don't have to be insane to work here
but it helps

ex-Homomda I changed my mind

General System Vehicle Underlying sense of gravitas

GSV Gravitas, gravitas, wherefore art thou gravitas?

GCU It helps if you have wings

General Offensive Unit That's your problem not mine

Rapid Offensive Unit Manners maketh man

General Contact Vehicle I changed my mind, pray I
don't change it any further

Very Fast Picket Don't get your effectors in a twist

Medium System Vehicle We'll get there eventually

GSV Apocalypse eventually

GCU I have a bad feeling about this

ex-Morthanveld What am I doing here?

ROU Should have aimed a bit higher

GOU Profit gradient

Eccentric Stop ignoring me

GSV Our prayers have been answered

GSV If God did exist I'd have to destroy myself

GCU Dark Star

GCU Help! I'm lost and I can't find my way out

GCU I had the idea first

GCU I've lost count

VFP I hate to spoil your delusions, laserbrain

ROU Spoiling for a fight

Elencher Walkabout

GCU Lost in the forest

Elencher I couldn't help myself

GCU Terminal diagnosis

GCU Diagnosis terminal

ex-Morthanveld Shellshock