Saturday, November 04, 2006

God I get so angry sometimes!

I really should point out that I have no conception of "ownership " at all. After I post this blog, I do not own it. This does not mean that someone else can claim it as their own or take credit for it, it is now (or will be) in the public domain and is an entity of its own. If anything it "owns" itself. Ditto intellectual property. Someome else shouldn't profit from something you have produced, but you still don't necessarily have any rights over it.

It is CONTROL that is important (and yes, this is at someone who's riled me) not ownership. The USA and the USSR have/had modern industrial economies, with control legalised to and by a minority, backed up by the state, backed up by force. The phrase we are looking for here is "state capitalism", by fact and by definition.

As I don't believe in ownership, I don't belive in class as such, but there are castes, even with a high degree of mobility, and there is control. There was once no aristocracy and few capitalists in Serbia in the 19th century
(Statism and Anarchy) and the same went for China in the early 20th ("just poor and poorer", Sun Yat Sen) so by a class definition, Serbia and China were "worker's states". But who had control? The government and warlords of course!

A crack dealer can become a rock star, a peanut farmer President and a chav can win the lottery like everybody else, but inequality has not been eradicated, it has been polarised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home