Sunday, July 04, 2010

Memory Foam

Or a memory in stone

Traumatic events
Fossilised
Holographic emotions

Try to shave
To eat
To clean

A period of sleep
A vivid dream

Warm in bed
Or cold outside

Rain keeps coming down
Even in the Sun

Revisionist
Trying to erase the memories
Of the lies I was told at school

Institutionalised ignorance
And indoctrinated selfish lonliness

Burn!

You just exist

A Golem, created by my parents
Or Modelled in Primary School

Before Education I did not exist

Books, never read

Writings always criticise
Or pathetic attempts at self-expression

Not to mention the self-harm

But that's how I was brought up

Burn!

Solidify the clay

Phoenix or Quetzalcotl

Rising from the flames

Old Bearded White Man
Old Father Time
Or....Tonight..
......our very special guest...
D'eath!

The world's biggest practical joke
And a faked ending, played on me

Moon landings
A cage for my emotions
Rejection

Burn!

There is nothing left to burn

The empty taste
Of cold ashes

A taste of victory
From the flaming brand of the
Television remote control

(15.6.2010)