Sunday, December 02, 2007

16

You say that I’m selfish because

I don’t think like you

If I liked the things you like

I wouldn’t be very smart

You say I’m selfish because

I don’t want to do the things

You want to do

Just for once I’d like control

Of my life

Away from your control

I learnt anger and self-destruction

From you, one day I’ll learn

To love myself

My feelings are not irrelevant

I just express them differently

PE on a Friday, like all education

The only lesson was

Pain

And

Disappointment

Can’t do this, can’t do that

Edukashun at Lin Sea Skool

Every day I learned to hate myself

Just a little bit more

Why didn’t they just use my head

When they played football?

A muddy field, ripe for napalming

Bulldozed dreams

Like I was ever allowed to dream them

When I hid from nobody and everybody

In the toilets

The only word I ever learned was “cunt”

(9.3.2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home