Thursday, January 19, 2012

HI just watched sort of the beginning of 'Coppers' on Channel Four.

Not impressed by the attitude. Specifically, they arrested sort of a toothless alcoholic who swore at them. More specifically the almost abuse the sort of poor man got from the Duty Sergeant when he was brought in.

Did I say he was drunk and had no teeth and was rightly/wrongly bit peeved and defensive for being arrested basically for swearing and being drunk?

He was asked his name which he gave and I could quite clearly hear it watching on the telly as Drain (D.R.A.I.N), at which he was told to repeat his name. He repeated his name and then had to spell it because the DS told him he was mumbling. He was drunk, had no teeth, of course he could hardly talk 'proper' but he had an excuse cos did I say he had lost all his teeth! I mean basically the police think they can just go round arresting people for being stupid!

The alcoholic was involved in an altercation over a cheese sandwich or pasty. OK some people do argue over the stupidest things and the argument was over who's turn it was to have a bite . People don't just wake up in the morning and say "I know I'll turn into a derelict that'll be fun now won't it?". They have problems and their alcoholism ecacerbates those problems. And people have arguments over money. And yes people are stupid at times but they get defensive also: people swear at me, should I arrest them as well which is basically kidnapping? The idea is preposterous and would get me beaten up for no real reason and no benefit to anybody. Which brings me to Iraq Ha ha because: guess what is the same argument.

Whatever you do to people, rightly or wrongly they will defend themselves. Of course that doesn't mean they have the right to, it's just natural cause and effect.But if people are repeatedly stupid then maybe the need help or regular/irregular supervision. Or rehab. Or, let em calm down and sober up and THEN try asking them their name!! I see parents swearing at their children. I often wonder if I should intervene. Ideally people shouldn't be afraid to approach people calmly and I guess try to reason with them. Did I say people get defensive? Yes so intervention should only be used as extreme last resort not because you can iraqiransyriapalestinesudan .Maybe I should kidnap the child or kill the parent because that is what intervention means: We have the right to kill, you barely have the right to live.

George Bush and the Police are like the Vorlons: You'll die when we tell you to die

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home